Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How am I feeling? (Week 7)

Still tired, nauseous and bloated. :)

We're to continue the injections and pills for another three weeks. I'll be happy to see the end of the injections - I've been having problems finding a good sleeping position lately because of the tender injection sites.

Bundy is working hard to find me things to eat. We went to Costco and got some tilapia yesterday - I'd like to eat a nice amount of fish, but I'm not a big fan of fish other than salmon, and yesterday the doctor recommended that we stay away from it. But I have been known to like tilapia. (Especially if it's breaded and fried.)

So far, I've been having really, really small meals - more like grazing, really. I'm trying to keep a nice balance of the four food groups, and since my sweet tooth has been reduced (but not eliminated, let's not be crazy), that's been going well. When I feel the need for a hot beverage, I drink peppermint tea. I'm a big fan of anything that will help my digestion - my metabolism has really slowed down.

The doctor gave me some nice clear guidelines for exercise for the first trimester. Walking twice a week, but only 2km at a time. I was using the Google Pedometer to figure out how far that is, and it's not far at all! So I think the plan is to do a quick 2km circuit after work while I wait for Bundy to pick me up.

Because the bus isn't my favourite mode of transport these days. I can smell everything, and the stop-and-start movement is horrific.

So we gave the doctor at the OFC the name of the OB-GYN we'd like to have, and he's arranging for the referral. We should hear something in about two weeks. I actually opted out of my first choice - she's amazing, but she's doing shared care right now, and my family doctor is not easy to reach. I decided I'd be more comfortable with seeing the same person the whole time. And of course, he works out of the Civic. That part is non-negotiable. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment