Thursday, July 9, 2009

How am I feeling? (Week 5)

I have all kinds of nice, reassuringly normal symptoms.

I'm really, really tired. And as of yesterday, I seem to be hungry all the time. I'm trying to make nice, healthy choices, for the most part.

I have had some occasional cramping, some implantation spotting (on two occasions, which makes me nervous about the whole twins thing), and a funny metallic taste in my mouth (I thought for days that sunscreen from my face was getting into my mouth or something). I had to increase my fibre intake considerably. But I've been very lucky - I've had no nausea.

So yeah, I'm exhausted. I could nap all the time. But I've never been so happy to be so tired.

Tonight's plan is to take some self-portraits. I've worked really, really hard to get thinner and fitter, and there isn't really a photographic record of that. So I'll take some photos, and use them as the "before" pictures in this journey. I'll likely take profile shots of the belly as time goes by. :)

July 21 can't get here soon enough. I'm trying to be cautious, but the way I'm starting to approach it is more along the lines that there's no reason that there should be a problem.

I ran into an old friend along Elgin Street yesterday - he was there with his wife and his 3 week old daughter. It was nice to speak to people about their experiences and not completely feel like I've been kicked in the stomach. And I was good. I kept my news to myself. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment