Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How am I feeling? (Week 6)

Wow, am I ever bloated this week. I swear, I look about 6 months pregnant, not 6 weeks. I'm going to try and increase my fluid intake in an effort to reduce what I imagine is some water retention.

I'm really tired, I'm nauseous (you called it, April!), and I'm not sleeping well, but I'm on cloud nine.

I'm not sleeping well for a number of reasons. First, I normally get up once during the night to use the bathroom, but now it's at least twice. Also, I've been waking up really nauseous, and the only thing that helps is to go downstairs to have a little snack - usually a granola bar. I can't sleep on my back very long because my injection sites get sore. I don't want to sleep on my stomach, and I haven't learned to sleep well on my side. So, it's likely that Bundy isn't sleeping all that well, either. *grin* But I'll learn to sleep on my side eventually, and hopefully that will help.

The nausea isn't bad, it's just kind of... constant. I haven't hurled (*knocks on wood*), but if my stomach gets at all empty, I feel horrible. So I've been grazing all day long. And while the scale says I haven't gained any weight, my clothes (and the mirror) beg to differ. But again, I suspect the abdominal bloating has a lot to do with it.

My sense of smell would shame a bloodhound. I've always had a really sensitive nose, but lately even more so. This combined with the nausea makes for an interesting time. *grin* I can smell a cigarette from a mile away, and yesterday someone was eating a hot dog casserole for lunch and I could smell it halfway across the office. (Urgh.)

I'm hungry, but there isn't a lot of food that I want. Last night I had scrambled eggs on toast for dinner because it was the only thing I could think of that didn't turn my stomach. I predict that I may be having eggs on toast a lot for the next little while. On the bright side, hey, protein. I didn't even want an ice cream sandwich last night. Yes, you read that right.

I really miss exercise. I called the OFC earlier this week to ask again about my activity level, and couldn't really get a straight answer. "Don't do more than you feel you should." "You've worked so hard to get this far, you wouldn't want to do anything to put yourself at risk." "Walking is fine, but not too far." "You should really just be taking it easy, and enjoying it."

So I'm walking tonight, hopefully as far as Billings, but I won't shy away from stopping earlier to take a bus. I'm not sure what to do about my gym membership - I'm hoping to get some kind of guidance at my doctor's appointment on July 21. I may cancel it, and use the money to take a second weekly yoga course. I haven't been walking much lately, but that's mainly because of the weather.

Despite it all, I'm really happy and still in a state of disbelief. I've never been so overjoyed to feel like shit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment