Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Dear Baby, Week 6

Apparently, by the end of this week, you'll be about the size of a small bean. Your eyes and nose are beginning to form. Your arms and legs look like protruding buds. Your hands and feet are shaped like paddles, and fingers are beginning to form. Your heart has divided into the right and left chambers and is beating about 150 times a minute -- roughly twice the rate of mine.

Next week's ultrasound can't come soon enough for me, Baby. I want to see you for myself, and I'd love some reassurance that you are healthy and growing well. I'm looking forward to also seeing if you're by yourself in there, or if you have a sibling. :)

Your Daddy and I have pretty much thrown caution to the winds, though, and are enjoying riding a wave of optimism. We feel surrounded with love and support - I don't think we could be this optimistic if we weren't so well supported. There are people we haven't even met who are firmly in our corner - and in your corner, too, Baby!

Keep growing, sweetheart. It may be hard work, but anything you work hard for is worth it in the end. Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment