Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dear Moe (22 Weeks)

So, we're about 5 and a half months along, little bean! Although, you aren't quite so little anymore. My belly is definitely showing now - it's made great progress over the last couple of weeks. Although, people keep saying that I don't look 5 months pregnant. At least, they did before this week. Now they are conspicuously silent. ;)

And you're almost a pound, apparently, and 11 inches from your head to your toes.

I think you must have really enjoyed our first pregnancy massage on Monday. I was lying on my stomach, but on special pillows that provided room for my belly to just kind of hang there, uncrushed. You kicked throughout most of it - I'm sure the sensation of being in "free-fall" was different for you. *grin*

We have an appointment tomorrow morning with Dr. P. Maybe I'll get to hear your heart beating again. I know you can hear me - it's so lovely to also be able to hear you.

I brought a bunch of pictures to Costco this week - they are images from calendars that I've saved over the years. I'm having them dry-mounted, and we'll hang them in your nursery. Some of them are images of Winnie-the-Pooh and friends, and others are actual passages from the books. Your Daddy and I agreed that we want you to be surrounded with words to read. You won't have to look too far, Moe. We have tons of books for your already - we've been collecting them for years. I recently read one to your Granny - it was the story of Edwina, the dinosaur who didn't know she was extinct. I can't wait to read it to you.

I've agreed to let your Aunt Marsha throw us a baby shower. It'll be at the end of January, when she comes to town for our BFF weekend. There are so many people who want to celebrate your existence, it seemed cruel to not have a shower. We'll have guys and gals, and get together somewhere relaxed to eat and laugh.

I think we're at the point where your Daddy could feel your movement with his hand on my belly, Moe, if it weren't for the fact that his touch seems to put you to sleep. Let's hope that carries on OUT of utero, too, ok?

I love you so much it hurts, Moe-Moe. Keep growing and turning into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment