Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dear Moe (23 Weeks)

A quick letter this week, Moe, to tell you how happy I am that we've made it to 23 weeks. Apparently, this means you are "viable" - there's a very good chance that you could survive in the outside world if you had to. What a relief! Hopefully you won't need to for some time - get comfy, because I'd like you in there for another three months. :)

Did you know that you can blink your eyelids now, and that your hearing is well established? Do you hear my stomach growling when I'm hungry, or the sound of me laughing? I have a loud laugh - you must be able to hear it.

If you can hear me, you must know the song that I often sing to you. It's called You, by Fisher, and it played during the embryo transfer. In fact, it's been a beacon of hope for me for years. I can't wait to sing it to you with you in my arms.

Your room is FULL of stuff right now. We've got books, a crib (not yet set up), a play pen, not to mention boxes of stuff for you. Aunt Janine took stock of the situation tonight and said she's getting moving on painting your bookcase so we can start organizing stuff. It's hard to believe that someone so small needs so many things!

We're going on a plane this week - I have no idea if you'll notice. But we're off to Toronto for a few days. I'm going to go swimming while I'm there, too - although, I guess you're swimming all the time, aren't you?

Your Daddy finally felt you kicking the other day - it was pretty strange for him. I've had lots of time to get used to it, but he'd never felt it before. I'm sure he'll get used to it. :)

In a few weeks we'll be starting pre-natal classes to help us prepare for your arrival.

I love you like pancakes, little Moe. Keep growing, and soaking up our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment