Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dear Moe (21 Weeks)

Hey, little guy. This week you got your very first dose of medicine - I was vaccinated against the H1N1 virus. So, yeah, I took a needle in the arm for you. Your daddy wishes I could do the same for him. *grin*

From the top of your head to the tip of your toes, you're about 10.5 inches long. You even apparently have eyebrows. And you're still kicking up a storm. You tend to be most active in the afternoon - from about 2pm to 8pm. And apparently, you are eavesdropping on my conversations! I did some voice work in a studio in Val des Monts yesterday - did you hear me saying the same things over and over again? One pregnancy website says that I could even read you stories now, and that some studies have shown that "newborns will suck more vigorously when read to from a book they heard frequently in utero." Shall I pick out a book tonight and give it a shot?

Moe, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of having a baby shower. I'm not 100% sold on it, but it isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility anymore. I've been quite reluctant because for so many years, baby showers were really painful events for me. And that was because I didn't know if you'd ever get here. But now that you are here, I kind of feel like you deserve a shower, even though some of the associations aren't great for me and I'm not keen on some of the traditions. So I think we'll play it by ear. I certainly don't want anything traditional, and I'd want to call the shots. We'll see. I'm going to talk to Aunt Marsha about it.

In the meantime, Moe, keep growing nice and strong, and keep kicking me! I'm not without hope that your Daddy will be able to feel you kicking soon - although lately every time I put his hand on my belly, you stop. We'd like to think it's because he's so soothing. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment