Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dear Moe (24 Weeks)

Hello, little bean! You're over a pound now, and we've made it to 24 weeks. Two more weeks, and we'll be in that third trimester. Apparently, you're still pretty skinny, but you are properly proportioned and your brain is growing quickly. You sleep about 12 hours a day, and kick the rest of the time. I've noticed that when my schedule is messed up, so is yours. And when I'm very active and tired as a result, so are you.

This past week was exciting - you went on your first plane trip. We flew to Toronto for a few days. I hope that after you are born, the flight to Halifax to meet your grandfather and his family will go as smoothly. *grin*

While in Toronto, I visited with your Aunt R., and any visit with her is always great if it involves shopping. She's an expert shopper. I was really impressed with the Thyme Maternity at Sherway Gardens. I bought myself a PJ for the hospital, for after you arrive. It will allow for easy access for breastfeeding. I'm hoping to breastfeed you, Moe, at least for the first little while. But I know a lot of women who have had real trouble with it, so I'm not automatically assuming that's how we're going to roll. But I'll give it a shot.

This next week will also have some firsts - we have our first pre-natal class on Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to finding out more about what to expect during your arrival.

One bit of news that really touched me - your Grandma has already had three or four of her nurses ask if they can be the one look after me during delivery. These are women I've never even met, but they are all rooting for us and excited for us. How lovely is that? It is comforting to know that whatever happens, we're going to be in good hands.

This weekend, we're going to get your crib assembled. Right now your room is a mess! It's full of stuff for you, but it isn't organized. We'll get that crib put together, we'll move the trundle from the trundle bed out of your room, and then we should be able to get a few things sorted out. We'll also head to Ikea soon to pick up your change table. Reg has graciously offered to pay for it - he was eager to contribute something to your room.

The list of things we have for you is growing... we still have a lot to sort out, but it is getting exciting to see baby stuff in the house. Maybe that's why I haven't brought everything up to your room yet - it's nice to see it in the hallway when I get home from work. A nice reminder of things to come.

Keep on growing, my little daifukumochi. People out here are rooting for you and sending you their love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment