Monday, November 9, 2009

How am I feeling?

Overall, I'm doing really well and can't complain. But I do want to keep a record of how I feel.

One interesting development has been an increase in nausea in the last week or so. Apparently, this isn't uncommon as my body prepares for the third trimester, but it took me by surprise. (OK, irony time - I hurled while writing that last sentence. Hooray for plastic bags stored in my office drawers. *sigh*) I had resigned myself to the fact that it wasn't going to go away while I was still pregnant, but I didn't expect it to get WORSE. But, it isn't like I can't eat at all, or that I can't keep anything down. So it could be much worse than it is.

I'm certainly slowing down as I get bigger. I have a hard time getting up off our low blue couch without making a grunting noise. I noticed I was much less agile than I used to be while photographing the office talent show. Normally, I can scoot around on the floor really easily, but not so much any more.

I haven't used my new treadmill yet - the basement office is still very crowded with stuff I need to go through. I always have grand plans to go for a walk on it in the evening, but my level of fatigue has increased quite a bit in the last few weeks. The time change didn't help, let me tell you. It's so dark by 5pm!

I also noticed (some time ago) that I have hair on the side of my face where there used to be none. (It's like really, really fine sideburns.) I was relieved to read that it is a pretty common thing (thanks to hormones) and that it falls out two weeks or so after birth. My nails and hair are growing much faster than they used to. I really need to get to my hairdresser soon for a haircut - I haven't been since August.

On Saturday, I was kind of freaked because the baby hadn't been moving as much as I was used to. But I realized that I had also vomited my breakfast and hadn't eaten much all day after that. I ate a nice big meal for Saturday dinner, and on Sunday everything was back to normal.

This morning, he was kicking up a storm. :)

Also, wow, I'm sweaty. Unless I'm exercising, I don't tend to be a big perspirer, but holy cow, lately I am. I haven't had a lot of hot flashes in the traditional sense, but I find that it doesn't take much now to have me break out in a sweat.

I'm going to head out for a walk now - it's apparently gorgeous outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment