Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dear Moe (18 weeks)

Even though I still think of you as my little bean, you're actually about the size of a sweet potato. And we're getting to the halfway mark! You're about 6 inches long, and are apparently moving all over the place.

I've felt you move a few times now, and let me tell you, it doesn't get old. I admit, it's a little surreal, but very cool. Yesterday, it was while I was sitting in a meeting and I don't think anyone noticed my face, but I'm sure I looked startled.

My belly is certainly growing now. In fact, I really must start taking some belly photos. I'll try and do that over the weekend. I've gained about 12 lbs or so, which seems to be pretty normal.

Just one more day until we get to see you. I'm so excited - we want to make sure you are healthy and growing well, and we'd love to know if you are a boy or a girl. (Although your Daddy says that if we're told you're a girl, he may keep referring to you as Moe just in case the ultrasound is wrong.)

Your Daddy is still bringing home lots of books for you. He surprised me the other day with all of the Sandra Boynton board books we don't already have. I'm really excited about reading to you, Moe - I want your life to be full of books. At the very least, your house will be! Your Daddy also brought home some of the Mr. Man and Little Miss books.

I've decided on the colour of paint for your bookcase; I just need to hit Home Depot to pick up a can and drop it off at your Aunt JFlo's place. She's currently quarantining herself from us because she may have been exposed to the chicken pox. People are being very careful and considerate of you, Moe - it will be wonderful when you get to meet all the people out here who love you already.

And a lot of them are going to be coming to our house next weekend. (Which is why I'll be cleaning the house like a madwoman THIS weekend.) We've invited people to come and celebrate your existence, but the main purpose of the party is to thank them for their awesome support over the last five years. You've had a lot of people rooting for you for a long time, sweetie - I think it will take just as long (if not longer) for you to understand how much love there is around you, and how wonderful that is. Your Daddy and I are going to make mistakes - I can promise you that. But you'll never want for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment