Friday, October 2, 2009

Dear Moe (17 Weeks)

Hi, Moe. The coolest thing happened last night. I was lying in bed (I've been doing that a lot lately, as I've been pretty sick with a bad cold) and suddenly, I felt you moving. Probably not a big deal for you, since you've been moving for a while, but it was a great big deal for me. I felt you kick me. It was pretty freaking cool. Keep up the great work, and keep letting me know you're there and ok.

This cold has been a real doozy because normally, I'd take some DayQuil or some NyQuil and that would help with the symptoms, but I don't want to take anything that might hurt you. So it's been Halls and Vicks for now. But I think I'm on the mend - the congestion in my chest is breaking up, and I'm not feeling quite as dead to the world as I was before. Also, swallowing doesn't hurt so much that I want to cry. But your Daddy now has a sore throat, and I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

My coworkers surprised me today and gave me a lovely card with a gift card for Thyme Maternity! This is good news because I really only have two pairs of pants I can wear right now. But all that will change on Tuesday when I pick up my maternity jeans and dress pants from the tailor's - I needed them hemmed. (Don't expect to learn any sewing skills from me, Moe. You'll have to go to Granny for that.)

Can't wait to see you on Thursday of next week, Moe-Moe. I'll make you a deal - I'll drink tea with sugar if you can do your best to not be shy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment