Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Moe (19 Weeks)

Hi, Moe! You are getting bigger and bigger every day. Right now, you're about the size of a mango - about six inches from your head to your bum. Next week, apparently, you'll be as big as a cantaloupe! We're about half way there, if you can believe it. Your senses are developing like nobody's business - the nerve cells that have to do with how you will taste, smell, hear, see and touch are developing in your brain.

I can feel you moving often now, and it's wonderful. I also marvel that you might even be able to hear the sound of my voice.

And we know that you're a little boy, and we've decided on your name. (I won't post it here on a blog, but if people ask, I'll tell them by email.) It's a good Scottish name, and it runs in my family. You'll have two middle names - Granny is going to help us choose a Japanese name for you, and you'll have my last name as your second middle name. And of course, your last name will be your Dad's last name.

I'm ready to start on your room now. I'd like things pretty much settled in there by Christmas. My first step will be cutting up some lovely old calendars and bringing them to Costco to be dry-mounted. We're also going to move the day bed that is in your room into the other spare room - that will free up some space for your crib, which we'll coordinate soon. We'll go buy your change table soon - we've picked it out from Ikea already. :)

So don't worry about a thing, Moe - just keep growing and developing. We'll have everything ready for you when you're ready to join us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment