Saturday, February 13, 2010

Yikes

Ok, I'm going to make a confession here. I had a moment today where I was totally, completely and utterly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of STUFF that has taken over my house. I'm grateful for every gift, every warm wish, every hand-me-down, and every item that has been given to us, because they came with love. But holy Hannah, there is a lot of stuff. (That is a whole lot of love!)

We have more clothes than we could ever use. And like an amateur, I have detagged most of them. This week at work, I was unable to come back to my desk after a bathroom break without finding another gift that had been left. And please, don't think I'm ungrateful - people have been so generous and we appreciate it - but it is a little overwhelming.

So I think I'll stop detagging everything and perhaps make a little trip to Toys R Us to return some stuff - apparently, they are quite good about taking things back without a receipt - and get store credit for other stuff when we need it.

Part of the problem, I know, is that I've been so sick this week and haven't been able to devote any attention to the house. We missed garbage and recycling this week. I still have a gingerbread house sitting on top of my fridge. (And there's a chunk of pirate cake in my garage. LOL.) So the baby stuff is sitting among all the other stuff that normally clutters up our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment