Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dear Moe (36 Weeks)

Hello, darling. Sorry I'm late with this week's letter, but I've caught a nasty cold and wasn't up to writing yesterday. In fact, I wasn't up to doing much except sleeping.

But I definitely wanted to write you today to congratulate you on getting to 36 weeks - we're officially 9 months along, and into the home stretch. By next week, you'll be considered "full term" and could be born very safely at any time. But I'd ask you to give me a couple of weeks of leave, ok, darling? We have stuff we need to finish up before you join us on the outside. :)

We're at the point now where we're going to get that hospital bag packed, and have it ready to go. Daddy's going to assemble that last item of nursery furniture, and I'll put away all the rest of your little clothes. I have some thank you cards that I'd really like to get done before you join us, as I don't think I'll have the time or energy once you're here. Who wants to write thank you notes when they can stare at you instead? And Jen and Albert are stopping by briefly on Saturday to install your car seat. (It used to be theirs, so they are the experts.)

Next week we have a doctor's appointment, and I have to get tested for group B streptococcus. I could carry it, and if I do, it just means that I'll need to take some antibiotics so I don't pass it on to you when you're born.

Last weekend, our friend Becka came by and took some lovely photos of us and my belly. We saw the unedited proofs and are very, very happy. Here's one that she edited for us right away.

Sending you tons of love, my darling. You're still growing steadily, and I'll do my best to keep eating right to keep you in the pink. It's hard to believe that in another month, you'll be here with us. We can't wait. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment