Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dear Moe (37 Weeks)

Hello, darling, and welcome to 37 weeks. Although your due date is March 10, it's around this time that all bets are off and you could decide to show up at any point. You're losing your vernix and your lanugo now, and are apparently settling into the bottom of my pelvis. Rumour also has it that you're about 6.5 lbs.

I've noticed my belly getting bigger this week, for sure, and I'm making more frequent (and anti-climactic) trips to the bathroom. So far, I still have a belly button, though! But I have a feeling that my "no stretch mark honeymoon" will come to an end this next week as you grow even bigger.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and then I pick up the cord blood collection kit. We'll keep that right next to the labour and delivery bag to bring to the hospital. Your nursery is pretty much ready, although I have to confess feeling somewhat overwhelmed this week by the sheer amount of STUFF we have for you - people have been so generous that I'm sure we have more clothes than you could ever wear. I put together your bouncy swing yesterday, your blackout blinds have been installed in the windows, my trundle bed is in place and made, and I went out and got a few baskets to store the ridiculous amount of baby blankets we have for you. :) You are well taken care of, small sir, in the baby blanket department.

Monday was my first day of leave (although it officially starts next Monday - this week is some accumulated vacation and overtime) and it's been really nice to be home during the day. I worked very hard yesterday, but was able to lie down on the couch around 2:30 pm, which helped a lot. Today I took it easy in the morning, and plan to scoot around and get things done this afternoon. Tomorrow, I'm going to see Reg in the morning, and on Friday, Granny and I are going shopping for some last minute stuff.

I feel quite tired a lot of the time, with spurts of energy here and there, of which I try and take advantage. But whenever it feels like it is getting to be too much, I just look down at my belly and think of you in there, and everything is fine again. :)

We love you and are so looking forward to meeting you. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment