Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dear Moe (31 Weeks)

Hello, my darling, and happy new year. I know 2010 is going to be a banner year for you - what could be more exciting than being born and starting your life? :)

You got plenty of Christmas gifts, especially for someone who isn't even born yet. So there are lots of lovely things waiting for you here on the other side. People have been so generous.

We rang in the new year together with very dear friends, and you bopped along to the music from Lego Rock Band like a trooper. You moved a lot when I sang - not sure if you were appreciative or protesting. I guess we'll find out after you're born. ;)

I got quite a scare on the morning of December 31 - I slipped on the stairs to the front hall and went down like a sack of bricks over five stairs. Luckily, I bounced along on my butt and you weren't hurt at all. But it was pretty terrifying - I was so worried for you. You kicked right away and let me know you were fine, but you must have been rather startled! I decided to stay close to home for the day, and thankfully everything was fine. Well, except that my arm is very bruised and looks terrible, and my lower back has a great stair-shaped bruise on it. But you're ok, so I couldn't care less.

I wanted to make sure I told you how much I love being pregnant with you. This has just been the most amazing experience - feeling you grow, and watching my body change. I've tried to soak up every precious moment, even the ones that haven't been quite so precious. (I can think of more than a few moments where I've rested my head on a toilet seat.) But I wanted you to know that through it all, it's been a pleasure and an honour to help you grow into you. You are our miracle, and we're so excited to meet you and get to know you and include you in our lives. We love you so much already, and we haven't even met!

Our prenatal class has made it clear that the first 9 months with you won't be easy - they will be very challenging, but also very rewarding. I think we're up for that challenge. And I'm going to try and give myself permission to complain when things get rough (that's something that people who have wanted a baby for a long time have a lot of trouble with), but know that you are worth every crazy sleepless moment. And yes, there may be days when you cry and I cry, too... but at least we're doing it together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment