Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dear Moe (30 Weeks)

Thirty weeks! It's hard to believe, sweetheart. In some ways this has gone by so fast, and in others, March can't get here fast enough. We have our next doctor's appointment on January 13 to make sure everything is going well with you, but so far, all signs are good. Your Daddy finally got to feel you move this week - you developed quite a case of the hiccups, and he was able to put his hand on my belly and feel you jump. Your Grandma was able to feel you, too. And whenever I see her, I offer your Granny the chance to give you a little hug. And she does. Because she loves you.

I'm feeling the push to get stuff done for your room. December was a bit of a write-off for that, between Christmas chaos and your Daddy's workload. But January should present us with some time to get things organized.

Here's what I'd like to get done in January:

-assemble change table

-go to Ikea and buy changing pad

-wash clothes

-move our stuff out of nursery

-put sheets and bedding on trundle bed

-put clothes into change table

-organize guest room (with the stuff that will be coming out of the nursery!)

-determine if we need that extra shelving unit from Ikea or not


In February, here's the plan:

-put up pictures in nursery

-put car seat bases into cars

-wash more clothes

-shopping for anything we need for you and don't have

-shopping for anything we need for labour, delivery and post-partum and don't have


But, lately, I'm just happy if I manage to put my juice glass in the dishwasher. :)

Occasionally, you leave me feeling pretty breathless, especially if I've eaten. I'm still feeling lots and lots of movement, unless of course someone asks, "So is the baby kicking?" At that point, you're never moving. *grin* It's getting harder to get a good night's sleep - I get up three or four times a night to use the bathroom, and I find my back and shoulders are getting pretty achy. (I should go for a massage soon.) I find that having a pillow for support helps when sitting on the couch.

The kitty, Boo, is quite attached to you already. He still loves to sleep wedged between the Snoogle body pillow and my belly. I wonder if you can hear each other. :) I'm not holding out much hope that he'll remain attached to you once you are born - it's my goal that you both just learn to co-exist without much interaction for as long as possible. *grin*

I have to say, little bean, you did pretty darn well at Christmas for someone who hasn't even been born yet. You got some lovely clothes, and a growth chart for your bedroom, and a nice stuffie. Apparently there is more for you under the tree at your aunt's place. :) We leave for Toronto to see her on Friday.

Keep growing, keep developing, and keep soaking up our love. We love you so much, sweet pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment