Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dear Moe (33 Weeks)

Thirty-three weeks! Only seven weeks left until you're full term, little bean. And you aren't so little any more (or bean-like, for that matter). You're likely just over four pounds, and about 17 inches from head to toe. I suspect that you are head down now, as a lot of the movement and kicking is now higher up in my belly. Also, while your hiccups are more subtle, they are also from lower down. We'll find out for sure on Feb 2 at our last ultrasound.

Perhaps you would be happy to know that we got your change table assembled this week. Your Daddy was a trooper with the Ikea instructions - we just need to fasten it to the wall, and it will be all set. (But we won't do that until we buy one more piece of Ikea furniture. I'm adamant that we pick up a tall, narrow Ikea cabinet. Your Daddy is being very sweet and humouring me.) I put some of your little clothes in the change table/dresser, and put a few items aside to bring with us to dress you at the hospital. Daddy also picked up a whack of newborn diapers at Costco for you, so we'll be all set for your arrival.

This morning I weighed myself and I've gained 30 lbs since becoming pregnant. My weight is now equal to my highest pre-pregnancy weight. I know I'll gain some more before you arrive - you still have some growing to do, which means that I do, too. My initial goal was to not gain more than 35 lbs, but that may not be realistic right now - I may push to 40 lbs. Keep on growing, and I'll worry about taking the weight off again once you're here with us on the other side. :) In the meantime, I'll keep trying to eat properly, not indulge too much, and stay reasonably active.

My belly is getting pretty darn big, and I've noticed some tiny stretch marks appearing around my belly button and on my sides. Tying my boot laces is becoming a challenge. Once a day, your Daddy comes up behind me and lifts my belly a bit to give me a break. It sounds silly, but it feels very nice to have someone else carry the load, even for a moment! I'm looking forward to Aunt Marsha's visit this weekend - we're going to swim in a salt water pool, and I'm sure it will feel really lovely to be weightless in the water. I tried on my one-piece bathing suit the other night, but it's not going to fit anymore with you taking up so much space. *grin* So Mommy will brave the stares and wear the bikini. :)

Your Daddy is a pretty awesome guy, Moe. I can't wait for you to meet him and see for yourself. We trade foot rubs in the evening now, since my feet and ankles get pretty swollen by the end of the day. He makes feeding us dinner his priority before feeding himself, and he's quick to offer me tea or crackers if he sees me looking green. He takes very good care of us.

I love you like pancakes, little boy. Keep growing into you.

No comments:

Post a Comment