Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dear Moe (26 Weeks)

Hi there, little bean. You are now about 16 inches long, and weigh a little more than a pound and a half. And your hearing is really starting to develop - apparently, if your Daddy speaks to you, you may be able to recognize and be soothed by his voice after you are born. Maybe we'll ask him to read us a story tonight. :)

You aren't growing as quickly as you were, but your brain is developing, which means that proper nutrition is as important as ever for me. But I'll tell you, I'm having some trouble with food these days. The nausea isn't as bad this week as it was last week, but it's still here, and acid reflux has become a huge problem. I'm going to speak to Dr. P. about it next week when we see him - there is very little I can eat that doesn't cause me pain and discomfort. As a result, I've pretty much cut out citrus entirely, which was my big source of vitamin C. So I need to do something.

We went to the second prenatal class last night, and it was really educational. I'm glad we signed up for these classes. Last night was all about the first stage of labour. We're making plans for how we're going to stay distracted during early labour, and different things to try duirng active labour. It isn't going to be easy, but I know you're going to be worth the work. I figure that if I can get through five years of infertility treatments, I can get through labour with you.

We've bought your change table (although it still needs to be assembled, and we need to hit Ikea to buy the pad), and have made arrangements to get your bookcase into your room this evening. I plan to spend time this weekend shelving your books and getting your room cleaned up. Last weekend, Auntie Jen brought over some of her little boy's most lovely baby clothes for you to have. We have lots of Winnie the Pooh (and Classic Pooh, which is my favourite!), which is awesome. And she's given us back the little Ottawa Senators booties that we gave her little boy when he was born. We can root for the home team together, Moe!

I love how you can respond to my touch. Sometimes we play a little game where we keep poking each other back. At the doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I'm going to ask him to tell me what position you're currently in. I have no idea if you are upside down or right-side up! I know it could change between now and your birth, but it would be great to know where you are right now. Most of the movement I feel from you is in my very low abdomen, which makes me think you may still be right-side up. I'm also going for a glucose test - I hope you don't mind me drinking what is essentially thick orange tang.

It's really crazy how much you can love someone you've never even met.

No comments:

Post a Comment