Saturday, May 16, 2009

Moving Along Well

Things are moving along well. Looks like we'll have a transfer in mid-June, if things keep going at this rate.

Thursday, OWD and I attended a 2-hour information session about IVF. There were a number of couples there - all with a different story, but there for the same reasons. There was a lot of information provided - and lucky for it, it's all in a manual they gave us. And there was juice and cookies. (Really, really good cookies.)

There are a lot of "do's and don'ts" for all concerned - yesterday was Bundy's last hurrah for a while in terms of alcohol.

And yesterday afternoon, Mom and I went to a session where a nurse taught her how to inject medication into my butt. That was interesting, to say the least... about 10 minutes of two people staring at my naked butt, listening to them discuss the best injection sites to avoid puncturing a blood vessel or an artery.

I have an ultrasound and blood test tomorrow morning, and I suspect that if it goes well, we'll start daily injections right away. So if everything goes awesome, my mom and I will see each other every day at 7am for the next 10 weeks. Well, I'll see her and she'll see my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment