Friday, May 22, 2009

If, if, if...

The progesterone is starting to kick my ass again. My face is breaking out, I also have dry skin patches, and my hair is like straw. But Mom is getting better and better at the injections - today I barely felt it, and I feel like I could go for a run tomorrow without issue.

So we have a plan for how we're going to handle results day, assuming the retrieval, fertilization and transfer go on as planned. (And there's the chance they won't - it is possible that we won't get any viable embryos.)

When we know the date for the retrieval, we'll know the date of the results - it's 17 days later. We're going to take that day off, as well as the two or three following it. Dr. G. has offered to be the one who phones us with the results - we'll set up a time for her to call so we don't have to wait by the phone. She'll also phone OWD. And as soon as we have our results, we're going to get out of town for a few days, just the two of us, to parts unknown. (If it's positive, I guess Bundy's going to have to give me my progesterone injections for a few days.)

And when we get back, we'll spread whatever news we need to spread.

And if it's positive, there are still a number of hurdles we need to get past before we do any celebrating.

Positive pregnancy test.
Fetal heart rate test.
First trimester.

THEN we can celebrate. But I'm putting this out here now... if we get to transfer without issue, and if it's positive, I know a lot of people are going to want to celebrate. We are so lucky to have your support - you're awesome. Your fingers must all be cramping up from keeping them crossed for us for so long. (Also, I know that some of you have felt really helpless through this process.) But we don't want any cards, any gifts, any books, any onesies, ANYTHING... until we get the all-clear at the end of the first trimester. Seriously.

I know that I'm going to need the most support in the days between the transfer and the results. It's about two weeks, and it is by all accounts excruciating. So we'll be looking to go to movies, play video games, laugh a lot, and generally be distracted.

We may ask for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment