Sunday, May 2, 2010

Dear Moe (10 Weeks)

Well, darling, you're definitely in the middle of a growth spurt. You like to feed every two hours during the day, if you can get away with it, and you spent one day last week sleeping like a log. The Muppet suit is getting too small (I went and bought you a couple more - a 6 to 9 month and a 12 month - since we like it so much) and we had to cull a bunch of your littlest onesies.

You have a little girlfriend at the Well Baby Clinic, where you tipped the scales at 11 lbs, 8.5 oz this week. Emily is a few months older than you, and this week you lay side by side with your hands touching. It was very cute. Emily's Mom has been really helpful to me - she convinced me that wearing my engagement ring wasn't a danger to you, suggested the soother brand that I'm comfortable with, and told me where to find sunglasses with the strap on the back so they don't fall off. I bought some at Walmart today - we'll see what you think of them.

The Baby Bjorn is fitting you much better now that you're a bit bigger, and we took a nice long walk with Uncle Dan with you in it. It worked quite well, and my back wasn't sore at all. I've had to adjust your car seat and stroller straps to make room for the bigger version of you. It's wonderful to see you grow, but it's hard to believe you aren't the tiny little guy we first met.

On Monday, I signed up for a free membership with the Ontario Early Years Centre and we attended our first playgroup. You were one of the youngest babies there (we met a little girl who was born four hours later than you!) but we still did circle time, and you managed quite well. I'll see about going back there, especially once we're done with the Well Baby Clinic, which goes to three months.

I'd like to start taking you to Stars and Strollers. There's one on Wednesdays, so we're hoping Daddy can start taking that day off instead of Tuesday and we can go as a family. Daddy and I haven't been to a movie in a long time! Maybe next week.

On Thursday, your Aunt Natalie comes home from Korea and you'll meet her for the very first time. We're quite excited - we've missed her. I know she'll fall in love with you as soon as she sees you, and that you'll love her very much.

You are typically very patient and sweet, even though you have some trouble getting to sleep during the day. You likely don't nap as much as you should, and that may be due to my insistence that we get out every day, but you're not sleeping too badly at night. I'm hoping that once this growth spurt abates you'll go back to giving us 5 hour stretches every so often.

You're smiling more and more - little contented crooked smiles that tell me that you're generally a happy little lad. That makes me happy - I want so much to take good care of you. I hope you're glad that you are a part of this family - we love you so much and wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. When Daddy comes home from work, he says you make everything better. I feel the same way. We love you oodles, darling. Keep being such a wonderful little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment