Saturday, June 20, 2009

Making Plans

I'm making a game plan for how I'm going to survive the next two weeks without going bat-shit crazy.

Transfer is Monday at 9:15 am. The rest of the day is going to be spent relaxing and doing little of consequence. If the weather is good, I foresee some quality time on the porch swing. I will keep reading my car manual. ;)

I'll get more detailed instructions regarding "dos and don'ts" for the next two weeks at the transfer, but it's basically "take it really, really easy". (Much to my chagrin, she even used the words, "...like a little princess". Uh, I may be a lot of things, but I'm not a princess. Seriously.) If I have to ask, "Should I be doing this?" the answer is likely no. As the nurse told me today, the outcome will be what the outcome will be, but we want to be able to say that we did everything we possibly could. But walking and swimming are cool, so that's good. No gym for two weeks, and no running, but I can still do yoga, as long as I tell my instructor what is going on. But I'll likely avoid child's pose and cobra, and spend a lot of time in downward dog. I won't walk all the way home for the next two weeks, but I think I could get to Billings without overdoing it. And I'll keep working my abs (gently) using the big bouncy ball, and keeping them activated as I walk. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Monday night, we're gaming.
Tuesday night, I'm going to see a romantic comedy with a sweet friend I miss dearly.
Wednesday, I have an appointment with Dr. G.
Thursday or Friday night, we might hit Ikea.
Saturday is someone's housewarming. *grin*

That gets me through the first week. I want to find a balance between "keeping busy" and "taking it easy".

The following week will be nice and short - Canada Day on Wednesday, which should be a blast. I plan to spend a lot of time in the pool and take a lot of photos. (And I won't be on the slip and slide this year, much to my chagrin.)

I work Thursday, and am off on Friday - I'll likely clean and pack for our getaway. Saturday, Bundy's working, but a very dear friend has agreed to be my buddy for the day and keep me occupied. At 5pm, we get our news. Then it's off to a bed and breakfast for a couple of days.

At some point in the next two weeks, Bundy has to get to a point where he can give me a needle, because if the news is good, I need to keep doing these injections every day for until the 10th week of pregnancy. We're starting with him just watching Mom when she does it every morning - he's watched twice in four days - I gave him the day off on retrieval day (he had enough on his mind), and this morning he hopped in the shower just before Mom came over. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment