Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My butt needs to break up with my couch

I’ve become lazy in the evenings. 

After I put Moe to bed, I’m all sleepy and relaxed because I’ve been cuddling a warm boy in a dark room with soft music and deep breathing. Then I have to wait 10 or 15 minutes to make sure he’s really asleep before tackling the kitchen, loading the dishwasher, etc. (If he hears the clinking of dishes or the bustling of a Mommy in the kitchen when he's trying to fall asleep, it can go badly. So we wait.)

And that 10 or 15 minute wait is killing me. Because I sit down. And once I’ve sat down, it is VERY hard to get up again. 

So I need to find a way to light a fire under my butt in the evenings and git ‘er dun. I’m thinking of setting a timer, actually. I’ll set the timer for 15 minutes, and when it goes off, I have to hop up and get to work. And I’ll set it for 30 to 45 minutes, and when it goes off again, I put down the dishcloth and go sit down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment