Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dear Moe (3 Weeks)

Wow, you're three weeks old already! You've made some great strides this week, little man. You're now wearing size 1 diapers (graduating from the newborn size), you are nursing like a champ, and for the most part you sleep really well. (You're a bit of a Houdini when it comes to unswaddling yourself, and then you panic and cry because your arms flail involuntarily.)

I brought you to the City of Ottawa Well Baby Clinic on Thursday and you are now 7lbs, which is great. Your face is definitely getting chubbier, too. Your cheeks are ridiculously kissable. You've been strictly on the breast for a few days now - no more bottles for you. You get such bad gas when you drink from a bottle that I think we will all be happier without them for a while yet. I still try and pump once a day, if I can.

Your moments of being alert and awake are increasing, and you are just adorable when you look at us with your sweet little eyes. I've noticed that those eyes are getting better and better at moving together, which is great, too.

We're getting into a semblance of a routine, which is also very good. In the morning, you and I nap together, and then around lunch time at your next nap, I get to take a shower and get a few things done. In the afternoon, we try and do something - whether it's go outside for a walk, have a visit from a friend, got to an appointment, or run an errand. Today we're going to try and go to Canadian Tire to pick up a furnace filter - such is the exciting and cosmopolitan life we lead, little Moe! :)

You are still enjoying your bath, and I'm getting more and more confident about giving them to you. You're due for one today or tomorrow, and I'm not dreading it the way I was that first week. Besides, you smell so good after a bath, and you're all warm and cozy and clean! I just love smelling your head.

Your aunt, uncle and cousin from Toronto are coming to visit this week - it will be really wonderful for them to meet you.

Keep being such a wonderful, sweet and adorable pigeon. We love you so much. I'd tell you to keep growing, but you'll do that anyway, and frankly, you are so lovely and tiny that I wouldn't mind if you stayed this size a while. But you won't, will you? And then we'll love you just as much at the next stage. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment