Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dear Moe (Week 11)

How's it going, little bean? Apparently, you're moving all over the place - doing water ballet! - and you have all your parts. Nice work! Your next task will be to grow, grow, grow! We even occasionally cheer you on, saying, "Grow, Moe, grow!"

I wanted to tell you an interesting story. When we were visiting your aunt in Toronto at the tail end of our vacation, we shared our news with your uncle's sister, Paula. She gasped, and said, "My mother had a dream." It turns out that only a few weeks before, Bella had told her that she dreamed I was pregnant, and that it was a girl. Paula's response to her mother was, "From your lips to God's ears."

We should be getting a phone call from Dr. Pascali's office sometime this week to book an appointment to go in and get all checked out. If we haven't heard from them by Monday, we'll call and inquire. We have heard only nice things about Dr. P., and the internet is full of positive comments about his care. We feel that we're in good hands - we just need to get to see him!

We're starting to think about all the things we need to do to get ready for you. For one thing, we will need to get your room ready. I'm going to enlist some helpers to paint it for me (likely a nice yellow). I'm also going to bring some old Winnie the Pooh calendar prints to Costco and get them laminated. We have to clean out the office room in order to put the day bed down there, and then we can move the trundle bed from your room into the red room. It's like Tetris, but with furniture. We're also thinking about the various things we'll need to buy for you, and I've started saving up for them. Car seats come to mind, for sure.

You're slowly becoming more and more real to me. I'll be really happy to see you again in an ultrasound - we'd like to do IPS screening, which should be done pretty soon.

In the meantime, I'm reassured by the fact that my lower abdomen is getting kind of puffy, I'm still really tired (although your Daddy says I've always been this sleepy, this is just a good excuse), and the nausea is still very much a factor. Since all these things mean that you are still growing, I'm a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment