Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dear Moe (Week 10)

Ten weeks! That's quite a milestone, little bean. I'm super proud of you. You apparently have finger nails (which I find insane), you can swallow, and you are starting to move around. I can't feel anything, though - you're only the size of a prune. But in the next few weeks, you'll double in size.

The last couple of days haven't been a whole lot of fun for me - my stomach has been so upset; I'm stunned that you've been able to get any nutrients, as my food seems to pass through me so quickly. But today feels a bit better - yesterday, your Daddy made me some Japanese rice, and that usually calms my stomach. My biggest problem is always having dinner. Around 4pm, my nausea really gets the better of me, and there's nothing I want to eat. We're hoping that I'll be hungry tonight for the picnic.

If you're wondering about "Moe" and where that came from, your Daddy chose that nickname. It's short for "moyashi," which is a Japanese bean sprout. So until we have some idea of whether you are a girl sprout or a boy sprout, you'll be known as "Moe".

Our OB-GYN question should be settled this week. We're hoping that your Grandma will be able to get us in to see Dr. P. sooner than originally planned - he wasn't taking anyone new until October, which just isn't going to work for us. If Grandma isn't able to do anything, we'll try Dr. L. Either way, Moe, you're going to be born at the Civic. There's just no question. Your Grandma knows everyone there, and both your parents were born there. Some of your grandparents were even born there. And your Grandma has worked there for more than 30 years.

Our friends and family are already helping us get ready for your arrival - and you're not even out of the first trimester yet! Your aunt is giving us a whack of stuff she's been saving - a high chair, a play pen, a jogging stroller. Other dear friends have promised us a crib. And while we were visiting in Mississauga, Laurie set me up which a bunch of gorgeous maternity tops. They will be ready for us when we need them. I plan to keep all this stuff at Granny's until the time is right.

So you may have guessed that as word of your existence has spread, we've started throwing caution to the wind. Everyone's just so excited. If hope and love have anything to do with it, Moe, you'll arrive safe and sound. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment