Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009

Ok, so here's the situation, and the steps of the "mock"...

Step 0: I get a Depo Lupron shot, which is basically a "reset" button for me, allowing the OFC to drive. Done today.
Step 1: I get a period. (Am currently on Day 8 of 10 days of Provera. Period expected maybe 3 days after the end of the drugs...) I call OFC to report Day 1.
Step 2: I take varying amount of Estrace (estrogen) for about 2 weeks. (I start with a low dosage, and increase according to their instructions.)
Step 3: I go for bloodwork and an ultrasound - they check my estrogen levels and uterine lining. Possibly repeat Step 2 as necessary (but not for 2 weeks).
Step 4: Once I get the go-ahead after bloodwork and ultrasound, I go in with my mom and she learns how to put needles in my bum. We start progesterone injections.
Step 5: Progesterone blood test. Repeat Step 4 as required.
Step 6: We move on to Prometrium pills (same as injections, just pills - and this is only for the mock). I take these for about a week and then likely get another Depo Lupron shot.
Step 7: They decrease the amount of estrogen I'm taking.
Step 8: I get a period.

Then I go into a holding pattern for a little bit. They bring OWD in, give us all an information session, and they teach her how to do her injections. They synch our cycles and we move on to the next phase. Holding pattern is estimated to be... beginning of Juneish.

No comments:

Post a Comment