Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Time Frame and Next Steps

Just to keep you updated...

We (me and OWD) are waiting for the OFC to call us to schedule a time to go in and learn how to inject our various drugs. I can't inject my own this time, so it looks like my mom will be helping me.

Before OWD takes any drugs, though, the doctor wants me to have a "mock" - a trial run with the drugs that will help prepare my uterine lining for the transfer. This makes sense - there's no sense in going through everything to discover that I don't respond to this crucial part of the treatment. So they'll contact me about starting that, too.

In the meantime, I need to fill my folic acid prescription and start taking it. The normal daily dosage is 1 mg, but I'll be taking 5 mg (hence the prescription). I'm also going back to the acupuncture clinic, since that seemed to help me get regular periods, and anything that does that is good for my uterine lining. My next appointment is next Monday.

Between the teaching sessions, the trial run, drugs for OWD and drugs for me, and the whole timing of the cycles, we're looking at a summer transfer. July or August - June if we're really lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment