Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Waiting in the Wings

I'm standing among really heavy curtains, just off of an enormous stage. The stage is all black, except for a spotlight. I'm wearing really uncomfortable tap shoes.

All I want to do is walk out there and tap dance my heart out. I don't know how to tap dance. I've never done it before, but I'll give it my best shot. I don't expect that I'll be all that graceful, but part of me wonders if I might not be some kind of a secret prodigy. Maybe I'll dazzle everyone. Or maybe I'll fall on my face.

The curtains are all so big and heavy that I can't find my way to the stage. And I know I'm not allowed to go out there until I'm given the go-ahead, but the stage manager seems to have disappeared somewhere.

The audience is getting restless. They won't stay seated for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment