Wednesday, February 23, 2011

So, How's It Going?

People have been asking me this question a lot lately. I went back to work on Monday. It's Wednesday.

How is it going? Well, I enjoy the people I work with. I enjoy the work that I do. But it has been very difficult to go from seeing Moe for every one of his waking moments to spending only 2.5 hours with him in the evening, during which time he needs to be fed and bathed. I miss planning and going on our daily adventures. I miss being there when he wakes up in the morning, and from his nap. I miss the way he crawls over to me to recharge. 

I got home yesterday, and I swear he was miffed at me. I may be projecting. 

I'm not sure what circle of hell this is, but I'll let you know when I figure it out. 

So, how's it going? Not fucking well. 

But I'm a brave little toaster with tons of toaster-bravery experience, and I'll get through this like anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment