Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dear Moe (16 weeks)

Hello, sweet bean. You're now the size of an avocado! And you're about to embark on a huge growth spurt over the next few weeks. Your ears can apparently pick up the sound of my voice - which boggles my mind like you wouldn't believe - and you are becoming quite playful, turning somersaults and playing with the umbilical cord.

According to Baby Centre, the name of the game for the next four weeks is Vitamin D and calcium. So, Moe, get ready for an onslaught of the following foods: eggs, hummus, almonds, milk, yogurt and cheese. I simply can't do fish - the only fish I like is the fish I'm not allowed to eat, so I'll have to up my egg intake. And, weather willing, I'll try to get outside for half an hour at lunch time to soak up some Vitamin D the fun way.

Granny brought back a car load of stuff from your aunt and uncle in Toronto, so we now have a high chair and a playpen for you, among other things. We've been having fun filling out your baby registry and planning your nursery. I bought you a lamp the other day - it is perfect for the nursery, and it was being discontinued, so I jumped at the chance. It feels really wonderful to be able to buy things for you - there is still a cloud of fear that hangs over me, but not like it did in the first trimester. I suspect that cloud of fear for your safety might just be there for the rest of your life. ;) But don't worry, Moe, I won't let myself be ruled by it.

It's pretty amazing how I can love someone I've never even met, but I do. Moe, your very existence makes me so happy. I'm looking forward to feeling you move in the next couple of weeks, and your Daddy and I are both looking forward to the ultrasound in early October. Please don't be shy - we'd love to know if you are a girl or a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment